Support organizational growth by ensuring volunteer applicants receive an engaging, positive and personalized experience. Provide technical support to staff and volunteers using School on Wheels equipment and systems.
When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, the position will be based at the School on Wheels office in Glendale, with the potential for a flexible telework schedule two days per week, depending on performance and weekly responsibilities.
Major Applications Responsibilities
- Set and maintain the highest standards in customer service as the first point of contact for all potential volunteers.
- Efficiently move volunteers through the process from application to approval.
- Ensure volunteer investment in the application and volunteer process.
- Identify and eliminate any potential barriers within the application process.
- Provide exceptional customer service when handling high volume number of applicants via phone and email.
- Communicate daily with applicants to encourage follow-through.
- Track and maintain recurring contact with volunteers throughout application process.
- Conduct reference checks by phone and/or email for potential volunteers
- Collaborate with team members to ensure smooth transition of applicants to volunteer position.
- Respond to calls and emails requesting general information regarding volunteer program.
- Effectively accomplish all other duties as assigned.
Major Technology Responsibilities
- Set up new hardware, software, operating systems, and user accounts for new team members. Support team members in using hardware/software.
- Test and perform minor repairs on faulty equipment and coordinate warranty repairs.
- Support and train staff on equipment and standard applications.
- Maintain the highest standards in customer service.
- Configure new and used laptops, chromebooks, tablets, and peripherals for staff, volunteers, and students.
- Configure Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and other standard applications.
- Work with employees and volunteers to troubleshoot and resolve equipment and software issues.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs to laptops and desktops.
- Troubleshoot printers/scanners and help manage toner inventory.
- Diagnose and resolve internet connectivity, telecommunications, and basic networking issues.
- Support volunteers and staff using Digital Learning equipment including laptops, tablets, and chromebooks.
- Research new technology purchases
- Support and train employees on Google Workspace.
- Manage School on Wheels equipment inventory and warranty repairs.
- Log and keep records of support calls and resolution.
- Develop and maintain self-help documents for employees and volunteers.
- At least one year of customer service experience.
- Experience working with volunteers a plus.
- Advanced computer skills including device setup, troubleshooting, and use of databases and communications tracking.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Strong time management skills.
School on Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging inclusion and diversity in the workplace.
School on Wheels is a nonprofit organization made up of hundreds of volunteers, who give their time, talents and support to the educational needs of children experiencing homelessness. Founded in 1993, the mission of School on Wheels. is the enhancement of educational opportunities for children without a home, from kindergarten through the twelfth grade. Our goal is to shrink the gaps in the education of these children and provide them with the highest quality education possible.
To join this dedicated team, submit a cover letter and resume, including the position you are applying for in the subject line, for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.