Do you want to help School on Wheels serve
The School on Wheels, Inc. (SOW) Digital Learning Program empowers students (K-12) experiencing homelessness to harness the power of technology to better understand and address their educational deficits. SOW provides laptops, smartphones, tablets, and other technology (including Internet and WiFi) to students at shelters, group homes, motels, and other locations. Combined with traditional in-person tutoring methods, the SOW program engages students in the learning process, fills academic gaps for core subjects in Math and English Language Arts, and teaches important 21st century and digital literacy skills.
Digital Learning Center Interns help children experiencing homelessness succeed by collaborating with the School on Wheels’ program team to provide hands-on support to our tutors, students, and their families. They are critically important to our program and allow School on Wheels to provide services to more children without homes. If you would like to have an even greater impact in your community, this internship position is for you!
- Assist the Digital Learning Specialist in organizing materials for our DLCs
- Assist in implementing an established group tutoring model
- Contribute to the creation of learning materials
- Distribute materials to DLCs
- Support after-school programming at DLCs (typically an hour anywhere between 3pm and 8pm)
- Find a replacement intern and provide training if possible
- An ideal candidate will have a positive, solution-oriented attitude, initiative, flexibility, and exceptional service mentality.
- Ability to multitask, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor and customer-service mentality
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including tracking of detailed information
- Commit to being an Intern for at least six months in order to understand the role and responsibilities.
- Exemplify School on Wheels’ values, ethics, and integrity
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to DigitalLearning [at] schoolonwheels.org. In your cover letter please include the regular days and times you are available to intern at SOW.