School on Wheels is a fast-paced nonprofit organization working to change the lives of children living in shelters, motels, group homes, and on the streets of Southern California. Our goal is to shrink the gaps in their education and provide them with the highest level of education possible. We are looking for a Marketing and Communications intern that will work directly with the Marketing team and will assist in all aspects of marketing, design, social media, and communications. This is a non-paid internship. Can count towards college credit.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will support School on Wheels’ internal and external communication efforts, which are critical to raising awareness and funds for the organization through media, marketing, website, and social media presence. This position will be responsible for collaborating with internal and external teams to create content and increase branding awareness.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with design and update existing marketing materials; flyers, brochures, banners, booth material, and giveaway items as needed.
- Research and source the most cost-effective printers to purchase branded materials and work with 3rd parties to fulfill all printing needs.
- Research websites and online platforms to promote our services.
- Updating the School on Wheels website with photos and content as needed.
- Responsible for production of email campaigns including Monthly E-Newsletter and Volunteer and fundraising campaigns.
- Use Salesforce and Pardot to keep track of campaigns/responses and donations.
- Create and update targeted email lists for different sectors, for example, donors, volunteers, event participants.
- Utilize Salesforce to design and create marketing reports.
- Update Salesforce with new contacts and keep current contacts up to date.
- Create content for all social media platforms including the use of videos and live feeds.
- Research and keep track of other nonprofits and their use of social media.
- Increase the number of followers and friends on our social media pages.
- Increase engagement on social media by liking and sharing supporters’ and partners’ content.
- Work with the Marketing team to help plan/promote and execute various events including, fundraising/advocacy/appreciation and tabling opportunities.
What we are looking for:
- One to three years of marketing experience.
- Ability to perform in a team environment, while working independently (and remotely).
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills are a must.
- Excellent computer and social media skills.
- Ability to represent SOW in the highest manner and exemplify SOW’s values, integrity and ethics.
- Drive and ambition; ready to make a difference each and every day.
At School on Wheels, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to fulfill our mission of improving students’ lives through education. School on Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging inclusion and diversity in the workplace.
To join this dedicated team, submit your cover letter and resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org