School on Wheels is a nonprofit organization made up of hundreds of volunteers, who give their time, talents, and support to the educational needs of children experiencing homelessness. Founded in 1993, the mission of School on Wheels is the enhancement of educational opportunities for children without a home, from kindergarten through the twelfth grade. Our goal is to shrink the gaps in the education of these children and provide them with the highest quality education possible.
Since 1993 we have:
- Provided mentoring and tutoring for more than 50,000 students – each one with a story, past, and future.
- We reach six counties in Southern California covering some 2,500 square miles.
- We partner with 400+ sites across our region. Those sites include shelters, school districts, and after-school programs.
- Each year we provide some 5,000 students with the school supplies they need
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Program Development Coordinator – Data & Technology drives organizational growth by providing technical and database support to staff across the organization, students, and partner sites that use SOW equipment and systems, and by deepening the impact of our programs by providing reporting, data management, assessment, and outcome reviews to support the work of the Program Team and programs committees. The Data & Technology Coordinator may be required to drive across our six-county service area.
Data & Technology:
- Administer basic Salesforce duties, including assisting staff with reports and error messages, designing and creating reports, and assisting the Chief Administrative Officer with system development and data hygiene
- Set up new hardware, software, operating systems, and user accounts for new team members; configure new and used laptops, tablets, etc. for team members, students, and sites
- Manage organization equipment inventory and warranty repairs; research and restock as needed
- Administer hotspot distribution processes; update LA Connectivity Trust and YMCA as needed
- Administer mobile router distribution and assist in set-up and troubleshooting
- Assist team members, families, and sites with connectivity, software, technology troubleshooting
- Test and perform minor repairs on networks (wired and wifi) and faulty equipment, and coordinate warranty and general repairs
- Troubleshoot networks and office equipment, including printers, scanners, toner, supplies inventory, etc.
- Log and keep records of internal and external troubleshooting and support tickets and resolution
- Develop and maintain self-help documents for team members, volunteers, students, and sites
- Support and train team members on Google Workspace, Salesforce, and other software as needed
- Maintain the highest standards in customer service internally and externally
- Provide programmatic support for all core programs: Literacy (K-4), Academic (5-8), and BUS (9-12)
- Support Student Support Coordinators in completing core program pre-assessments with students
- Coordinate volunteer program ambassadors to assist with core program post-assessment completion, general educational support, and feedback collection from volunteers and students
- Work with Program Team and coordinators to check in with volunteers, view session recordings, monitor usage, address programmatic roadblocks, and enhance training and evaluation processes
- Ensure pre- and post-assessment and other outcomes data are promptly entered into Salesforce
- Work with Parent Coordinator to conduct and evaluate surveys and focus groups with families
- Assist Program Manager and outcomes committee with the implementation of new processes
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Advanced computer skills including device setup, inventory, troubleshooting, and use of databases and communications tracking
- Experience with setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting both wired and wifi networks
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience working on a technical/database help desk
- Experience working with volunteers is a plus
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- Must possess a current, valid Drivers License
- Must be currently fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Must pass a Livescan Fingerprint background check
Salary and Benefits:
- Hourly rate – $19.24-23.08 DOE
- Medical, dental, and vision insurances, 403b plan.
- 10 days per year of paid vacation and 12 paid holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Professional Development stipend
- Potential Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- Flexibility – flexible working environment and telecommuting providing enough freedom to spread your wings.
- Autonomy – this position will provide you with a lot of autonomy as you will be required to take charge of projects and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ongoing coaching, training, career planning, and growth opportunities with room for vertical and horizontal mobility within the organization.
- Skill diversification – you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks to develop your skills in many areas.
- Consistent and fair leadership – we’ll listen, share information, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Culture – you will be a part of a passionate, mission-driven team where your ideas and feedback will be listened to and encouraged. You will have opportunities to be a part of team-based projects resulting in bringing change to the organization.
At School on Wheels, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to fulfill our mission of improving students’ lives through education.
To join this dedicated team, submit your cover letter, resume and work and/or writing samples (submitted as links and/or attachments) for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line containing “Program Development Coordinator -Data & Technology”
Our review of your submission will be focused on your passion for and understanding of our cause, meeting our technical and educational requirements as well as the thoroughness of your response. Lived experience plays a major factor for School on Wheels and we encourage you to share those experiences in your cover letter.