“I think life after high school will have many opportunities for me.”
– Joshua, age 14 (after attending a School on Wheels Campus Tour)
If you are working with a student in 8th grade or above, we highly encourage you to take him or her on a campus tour. A simple field trip to see a college campus or potential workplace can be eye-opening and life-changing. Taking a tour is easy. Just follow these three simple steps:
1. Choose a campus or workplace to tour. Most college campuses will have group tours as well as self-guided tours. For an example of how easy it is, check out UCLA’s tour page. If you choose a workplace to tour, please contact the business or organization and inquire about their tour policy.
2. Read the field trip policy and fill out the driver and parent consent forms below. Have your student’s parent/legal guardian sign the parent form and return both along with a copy of your driver’s license and insurance to your coordinator prior to the field trip.
3. Review the campus tour worksheet below (if you are visiting a college campus). There are sections of the worksheet to fill out before, during, and after the tour in order to help your student get the most out of their tour. Please provide a copy of this worksheet to your coordinator after the field trip.
Please contact your coordinator if you have any questions about taking your student on a campus tour. Have fun!
- Field Trip Policy
- Field Trip Parent Consent Form
- Field Trip Driver Consent Form
- Campus Tour Questions and Reflection
- College Month