At School on Wheels, we do everything possible to ensure the safety of our children and their families. All our volunteers complete a Live Scan and Reference background checks.
If you have never been fingerprinted before, the procedure is very simple:
- We usually have a Live Scan service available onsite during our Introductory Tutor Trainings. If you prefer you can find your nearest Live Scan Location by searching online for “Live Scan” and your zip code.
- If you go on your own, please remember to bring a copy of our Live Scan Service Form.
- Please tell the Live Scan operator that you need to be cleared by both Department of Justice (DOJ) and FBI (It’s marked on the form, but a reminder helps).
- Check with the Live Scan office about payment; some only take cash or checks. The average cost of fingerprinting is $35. If they charge you more than this, please make sure that they have not charged for DOJ. This fee is waived because you are being fingerprinted for a nonprofit organization.
- We usually receive your Live Scan results within a week and will let you know as soon as you have been approved and are ready to be matched with a student.
- Please note that we are not allowed by law to share fingerprint results with any other organization, nor are we allowed to use another organization’s results. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions, please call us at: (805) 641-1678