If your nighttime residence is temporary or if you are staying in a motel, campground, shelter, or vehicle, you and your children have special legal rights at school.
Those rights include:
- Staying in the same school even if you move, and receiving transportation to that school, as long as it is in your child’s best interest.
- Enrolling in school immediately.
- Receiving free school meals.
- Getting help with school supplies and other needs such as electronic devices, Internet access, chargers, and other support for distance or in-person learning.
To access these rights you do not need:
- Proof of residency
- Immunization or other health records
- School records
- Legal guardianship papers
Need help? Email us at email@example.com or call us at 323-632-3700