Guinness World Record Event News Stories
On Saturday, June 27th, 2015, School on Wheels attempted to set the Guinness World Record for the “largest gathering of people dressed as Albert Einstein.” The event took place at the California Science Center. We created quite a stir as hundreds of people, dressed in white wigs/mustaches and suits, gathered to create a new world record. A huge thank you to our official time keepers and witnesses: Los Angeles Police Department Senior Lead Officer Deon Joseph; Ron Rohovit, Director of Education of the California Science Center; Emily Hunt, Ventura Unified School District Science Teacher; and Benny Wasserman (Einstein lookalike, Author and Actor). We would also like to thank our event sponsors: Property Management Associates, Instantly, Southwest Airlines, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, Lynn Gardner & Paul Multari Charitable Fund, Principal Communications Group, Clothes the Deal and Goodwill.
“A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.” – Albert Einstein
Founder of School on Wheels Agnes Stevens, who passed away earlier this year, loved Albert Einstein! Her reason was not only that he was a genius but that he had curly hair, like hers. This year marks the 100th anniversary of Albert Einstein’s presentation of the complete Theory of General Relativity to the Prussian Academy. In honor of Agnes and Albert, School on Wheels decided to attempt this record.
In 2013 School on Wheels created a New Guinness World Record for the longest line of backpacks by lining up over 2,700 in a row. We’re still waiting to hear if we are official record breakers this year but if not, our amazing team has the dedication and commitment to try again next year! Stay tuned…
We were hoping to attract media attention with this event, but we weren’t quite expecting the global coverage it received. Please check out the news coverage below and thank you again to all our volunteers, students, staff, supporters and friends for making this event truly record breaking!
- ABC7 News – TV Story
- KNBC News – TV Story
- Photos of the week – CBS News
- The weekend in pictures – Guardian.com
- The best images from around the world – GlobeandMail, Canada
Photos of the week, largest gathering of Einsteins – CBS News
- Theory of Record-tivity: New Guinness World Record set for the largest gathering of people dressed as Albert Einstein –DailyMail.co.uk
- Relative triumph: Einstein impersonators set new world record – Russian Times.com
- Mass of energy as more than 300 Albert Einstein lookalikes celebrate his genius – Mirror.co.uk
- Video: Relative success! Einstein lookalikes set world record – Belfast Telegraph.co.uk
- Reuters reveals its most popular Instagram photos of the year – Business Insider Austrailia
- The world in photos: June 22-28 – ChinaDaily