Digital Learning Day Contest
Congratulations to winners Elijah and Samson!
Did you know? February 27th is Digital Learning Day! All month long, we’re celebrating innovative technology practices in education and raising awareness about how we can intentionally bring digital tools into tutoring sessions.
Our students overwhelmingly lack access to the tech devices and education they need to succeed in school and beyond. As a tutor, you can bridge the digital divide for your student by thoughtfully using technology to fill educational gaps.
In celebration of Digital Learning Day, we want to see your students use Scratch – a program we love that teaches kids creative coding. All participating students will be entered to win a $25 gift card for Target.
Here’s how to do it:
- Create a Scratch account (it’s free!)
- Have your student complete the Animate a Name tutorial on Scratch. We recommend downloading and printing these Coding Cards for easy instruction.
- Creativity is encouraged! Instead of a name, your student can animate “School on Wheels,” or an inspirational word like “Learn,” “Grow,” or “Think.” Or they can animate their own name (first names only please). Sample project here.
- Enter the contest below by sharing your project file or the link to your project!
- To download the project, click File – Save to your computer.
- To find the link to your project, click ‘Share,’ then ‘Copy Link’.
Note: This project requires a laptop. If wifi is a problem at your tutoring site, you can download the app here for offline use.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.