Student Survey Success Story
In December 2014 we surveyed our students and their parents to find out how our one-on-one tutoring was helping them. We received some great feedback, including every one of our students reporting that tutoring has helped them in school.
Surveys were sent to students who had been tutored for at least 3 months and were currently attached to a volunteer. Students in 4th-12th grade filled out a survey, and parents of students in all grades, K-12th, received a separate survey.
Some highlights from the student survey included:
- 96% saw a positive change in their math, and/or ELA, and/or overall grades
- 86% feel more confident about their reading and/or problem solving abilities
- 100% said that they believe that their tutor have provided help that can be used at school
- 75% try harder to do well in school
- 83% put more time into school work and/or complete school assignments on time
- 90% saw a positive change in their interest in the future and/or believe that SOW tutoring has been a good experience
- 73% put more time into their school work and/or saw a positive change in their overall grade
- The word cloud above shows the most common words used by students to describe their tutoring experience.
Parents had great things to say about our tutoring as well. Here are some highlights of the Parent Survey:
- 96.08% believe that their children’s motivation to understand topics in class increased
- 90.20% believe that their children’s attitude towards school related activities has improved
- 62.74% of parents said that their children complete homework more frequently and/or believe that their children is more confident in completing assignments on time
- 100% of parents say that they have seen positive changes in their child as a result of having a SOW tutor
- 90.19% of parents believe that their children feels more confident in school and/or struggles less with school assignments
- 92.1% of parents believe that their children’s attitude towards school-related activities improved and/or their children are more confident in completing assignments on time
Here is a word cloud of the most common words used by parents to describe their child’s tutoring experience: